Tuesday, November 1, 2011


So Movember is upon us, and again I find myself roped into taking part. But rather than be like most people I know who are just growing an ugly mustache I figured I'd blog about it. Because let's face it, EVERYONE and their grandmother is blogging these days.

So on this little blog you can read all about my amusing (mis)adventures in growing an ugly mustache, see photos of it growing, and find links to various websites about cancer, research in fighting it, and some information on why there are some cancer charities that can... well I'll be polite, so let's just say "can go away."

Who am I? Odds are if you are reading this you already know who I am, but my hack writing seems to bringing me new fans (it still seems weird to me to admit that) every day so for all the newbies I might as well say some things about me.

My name is Kyle Trojan Murphy, and I'm a 34 year old skinhead. If you don't know what a skinhead is, or just watched American History X please Google skinhead. Traditional, Trad, or S.H.A.R.P. all pretty much cover it. Anything you read about white power, racists and nazis has nothing to do with me (or proper skinheads) at all. I write. Pretty horribly actually. But people, magazines and website seem to pay me for it. Go figure. At the moment I'm working on two little books. Brass Knuckles & Lace, which happens to be all about proper skinhead girls (again, none of that white power nonsense) and Oi! The Book, a book all about oi music (you can Google that too).



I am rather fond of my award winning mutton chops, so to help me through this traumatizing ordeal I have enlisted the help of Broker's London Dry Gin. Liquid courage, that is what I need right now. Like all writers I tend to drink. Gin being my drink of choice. Yes it might be before 9 am, but being as how I have yet to go to bed, this does not count as problem drinking.



The first cut is the deepest, or so they say. I can feel my mojo decreasing with every swipe of the razor blade. What have I learned from my adventures in total face shaving? Well for one thing I am uglier than I remember.




See?

Also it happens to be cold today. VERY cold. My face is freezing! Tune in tomorrow for a rant about some evil cancer "charities".

1 comment: